[Bldg-sim] TRNSYS: LIGHTING

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Tue May 1 08:15:14 PDT 2012

Francesco,

Yes, you’d have to export the geometry from sketchup into a format that radiance can read such as .3ds.

One concern is that the TRNSYS model won’t have all the internal geometry that Radiance expects such as light shelves, etc. Adjusting geometry within Radiance is very complex as its all based on editing a text file.

Therefore, create a separate copy of your TRNSYS Sketchup model, and then add any objects that have an effect on lighting (trees, other buildings, etc. ). Then export to .3ds so that can be imported into Radiance.

Good luck.

Fred

Fred Betz  PhD., LEED AP
Sustainable Systems Analyst

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com<mailto:fbetz at aeieng.com>  |  www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>