[Bldg-sim] Ground: Annex D of EN ISO 13370

Storm Duncan storm at essess.com
Fri May 11 10:00:38 PDT 2012

How do I unsubscribe from this list?

From: bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org [mailto:bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of francesco.passerini at inwind.it
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 9:59 AM
To: bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Bldg-sim] Ground: Annex D of EN ISO 13370

Ground: Annex D of EN ISO 13370

Hello. In order to model in a dynamic simulation software the heat transmission via the ground I tried to apply in a worksheet ANNEX D “Application to dynamic simulation programmes” of the technical standard EN ISO 13370:2007 “Thermal performance of buildings – Heat transfer via the ground”. I got results which I consider strange.

I attach two graphs. To obtain the first one I used equation (A.3), for the second one I used equation (A.4).

The values are mean monthly values. Ti,m is the internal temperature, Te,m is the external air temperature, Tv,m is the ground temperature (under the slab, 0,5m ground ,and a “virtual layer”, whose thermal conductivity was calculated so that the thermal transmittance is equal to thermal transmittance calculated with paragraph 9 of that technical standard).

In my opinion, in winter season the difference between internal temperature and ground temperature is too small.

Any opinion? Do you know any alternative method?

If you are interested in having more information about the method or about my calculation, let me know, please.

Best Regards

Francesco Passerini