[Bldg-sim] software

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Thu May 17 11:09:48 PDT 2012

+++ Jon Hand [2012-05-17 17:48 +0100]:

> We view ESP-r as a tool focused on the needs of the research community.  Open and documented
> and continually evolving.  Users with strong opinions about the physics can coerce it to do
> stuff that is quite eyebrow raising.  Probably two score of PhD thesis have been based on it. Runs on just
> about any computer (not yet on Android).

I tried to package ESP-r for Debian/Ubuntu a couple of years back, but
after some hours of struggle I hadn't even managed to build most of it
myself, never mind get anywhere close to a useful packaging.
The makefiles seemed to have serious bitrot, and I got the strong
impression no-one outside of Strathclyde had built it for a long time.
I gave up and found something easier to do :-)

Assuming I was inspired to try again, because it does seem like very
useful software, and your comments suggest that it is still actively
developed, would you be a good person to talk to about it?

Wookey