[Bldg-sim] RES: EnergyPlus IDFs, gbXML and Bentley/Autodesk

Dru.Crawley at bentley.com Dru.Crawley at bentley.com
Thu May 24 13:51:08 PDT 2012

A 30-day free trial is available for AES - go to the web site for more information:  http://www.bentley.com/en-US/Products/AECOsim+Energy+Simulator/

From: Arpan Bakshi [mailto:arpanbakshi at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:43 PM
To: Dru Crawley
Cc: bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: Re: [Bldg-sim] RES: EnergyPlus IDFs, gbXML and Bentley/Autodesk

Bentley does not provide a 30-day trial for AECOsim Energy Simulator?

Arpan Bakshi, LEED AP BD+C

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 4:40 PM, <Dru.Crawley at bentley.com<mailto:Dru.Crawley at bentley.com>> wrote:
AECOsim Energy Simulator currently allows user to import HVAC systems from IDFs to start building their HVAC models. We will be implementing more importing capabilities over the next months.  Users have the option of starting with one of the 28 preconfigured HVAC systems in AES and modifying those to match their system configuration.  These preconfigured HVAC systems give users access to all the EnergyPlus inputs required for each system.  Users can also create their own systems and save them for future use.

AES offers three means of creating geometry - Conceptual model (select building and space types, set overall building height, weather location, % glazing, number of stories, draw the outline, select zoning, and HVAC system); 2-D (import floor plans - DGN, DWG, DXF, define rooms); and gbXML (import 3-D model, attribute spaces).

When Energy Simulator starts a simulation, it automatically creates a user-readable IDF in the project directory.