[Bldg-sim] HELP WANTED - Energy Modeler/Analyst

Jim.Bradburn at mortenson.com Jim.Bradburn at mortenson.com
Tue Nov 6 10:16:52 PST 2012

Energy Modeling / Energy Systems Analyst (IRC5390)

Mortenson Construction is searching for a qualified building energy
modeler/analyst to support our efforts to deliver aggressive energy
reductions - including net-zero energy - to our customers.

Interested candidates can apply at careers.mortenson.com (job # IRC5390)

Position Description:

The individual selected for this new position will have a strong interest,
passion, and ethic for a sustainable approach to the design and
construction of commercial buildings. He or she will be a partner in a
highly motivated, synergistic team focused exclusively on this important
effort. There will be significant opportunities and requirements for
technical research, creative thinking and the application of problem
solving skills. This person will work with many individuals and teams
within the Mortenson organization, as well as interface with outside
consultants, architects/engineers, manufacturers, subcontractors and
customers. The position will be resident in our Center for Sustainable
Energy located in Minneapolis but will provide energy strategies and
support for all company regional and other operating groups. Strong
writing and speaking skills are essential.

Qualifications:

Essential
- Four year college degree in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural
Engineering, or related field
- 2 - 3 years previous building energy modeling and related experience
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, lighting and architectural
building systems
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and ability to react to rapidly changing
requirements
- Strong teamwork orientation, positive attitude and professional customer
service skills
- Competency in eQuest, Trane Trace, and other energy modeling software;
Excel and other Microsoft Office software

Preferred
- PE or EIT with ability to become licensed, ASHRAE BEMP certification
LEEDAP accreditation
- 3 - 5 years previous building energy modeling and related experience
- Significant experience with variety of building analysis techniques
throughout all phases of design
- Previous building design and/or construction experience
- Detailed understanding of building energy and energy reduction
strategies
- Experience with life-cycle cost calculations and presentation of results
- Experience with integrated design process and ability to work in a
collaborative team environment
- Experience with renewable energy design and/or analysis
- Experience with marketing / business development of energy related
services

Interested candidates can apply at careers.mortenson.com (job # IRC5390)

Company Description

Mortenson Construction is a family-owned, privately-held corporation that
began in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1954. Today the company operates as a
diversified construction organization, offering services in construction,
design-build, development, diverse workforce planning, facility
operations, preconstruction, and program management.  Mortenson helps all
customers achieve their goals anywhere in the world. Mortenson maintains
its company headquarters in Minneapolis, and supports offices in Chicago,
Denver, Milwaukee, Phoenix, Seattle, and Shanghai, China. Smaller offices
are staffed as needed around the world in order to serve the unique needs
of our customers.  We also have teams that specialize in certain types of
markets, such as federal work, renewable energies, sports arenas, and
mission critical facilities.  Our business philosophy is dedicated to
trusting relationships, excellence in performing services, and advanced
technology in building. We have built a reputation for being a solid and
progressive company that is trustworthy, responsible, and a leader in our
industry and in the communities in which we live and work.

 Jim Bradburn, PE, LEED-AP BD+C
 Manager, Center for Sustainable Energy
 Mortenson Construction: Building what?s next.
 phone  763.287.3621
 cell  720.244.4499
 fax  763.287.5370
 www.mortenson.com

  Please consider your responsibility to the environment before printing
this e-mail.