[Bldg-sim] Find epw weather files

Jamie Bull jamie.bull at oco-carbon.com
Wed Oct 3 08:09:56 PDT 2012

Hi all,

First post here so I'd to share a tool I've just put together to find
nearest .epw file to a given location. The tool is an Excel workbook which
looks up the latitude and longitude of an entered location and gives a link
to the zip archive for closest location with an .epw file available on the
EnergyPlus website. There's more info and a download
link<http://oco-carbon.com/2012/10/03/weather-file-finder/>here.

Any comments or suggestions for improvement would be gratefully received.
I'm thinking of adding something which tells you the difference in
latitude, longitude and elevation between the two locations so you have a
better idea of whether they are similar. If anyone has other sources of
.epw files that could be added to the tool that would be great too.

I hope this comes in handy for someone.

Kind regards,

Jamie