[Bldg-sim] Baseline EER for PVAV system

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Fri Oct 5 07:50:14 PDT 2012

I can see how you might be confused.  The table is titled:
Electrically Operated Unitary Air Conditioners and Condensing Units -
Minimum Efficiency Requirements.

I remember asking the same question in 1994, "this table is for
single zone systems".

Actually a packaged single zone system is an "Electrically Operated
Unitary Air Conditioners and Condensing Unit Constant Air Flow System".

A packaged VAV system is an  "Electrically Operated Unitary Air
Conditioners and Condensing Units Variable Air Flow System".

The the table doesn't distinguish between single zone, multi-zone,
constant flow, variable flow, etc.

And you are welcome.

At 08:09 AM 05/10/2012, sambhav tiwari wrote:
>Hi Chris,
>               The table you mentioned tells EER for Packaged single
>zone system as it is clearly written i was asking about Packaged VAV
>system.
>
>Thanks
>Sambhav

Christopher Jones, P.Eng.