[Bldg-sim] EnergyPlus Ideal load system output

Yuna Zhang yunazhang12 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 20:40:06 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm using E+ example file to test the output of E+ ideal load system
output.

In the input/output reference, it says that "the Ideal Loads Total Cooling
Energy + Ideal Loads Heat Recovery Total Cooling Energy = Ideal Loads Zone
Total Cooling Energy+ Ideal Loads Outdoor Air Total Cooling Energy", but I
found it goes wrong when I add a DesignSpecification:OutdoorAir into the
Ideal load system. The Ideal Loads Zone Total Cooling Energy+ Ideal Loads
Outdoor Air Total Cooling Energy sometimes is higher than the  Ideal Loads
Heat Recovery Total Cooling Energy( which is always 0 in this case) +Ideal
Loads Total Cooling Energy. Attachment is the simulation file. Can someone
please help me solve this problem? Thank you very much.

Best,

Yuna Zhang

Ph.D student in Building Technology
College of Architecture