[Bldg-sim] weather data in EPW format: meaning of minute field

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Oct 15 04:55:41 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I am a bit confused by a weather data file I got from the energy plus website for Geneva, Switzerland. The field for "minute" is set to 60 for all records. The latest entry is at 24:60 on 31.12. with timezone being CET (UTC+1), which would be 1 a.m. CET on 1st of January in my understanding. Is the value of 60 minutes added to the UTC time for the timezone, but the scope of the EPW file chosen so that all EPW files represent the same time scope (1.1. 0:00UTC to 31.12. 24:00UTC)?

Cheers, Lars.