[Bldg-sim] IDD- Infiltration Degree Days

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Fri Oct 5 12:35:16 PDT 2012

This is the first I've heard mention of Infiltration Degree Days for 25 years. They were
developed by LBNL back
in the mid-80's.  For technical details, please see paper, "Infiltration Degree-Days. A
Statistic for Quantifying Infiltration-Related
Climate", by Max Sherman 1986, LBL-19237.  I don't know if anyone has tabulated IDD for
various climates, but it's certainly
doable with any of the hourly weather files (TMY2, TMY3), etc.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D