[Bldg-sim] Creating a weather file

Herrmann, Lesley Lesley.Herrmann at nrel.gov
Wed Sep 12 08:20:33 PDT 2012

Khristiam,

I guess it depends on how soon you need to run your model.  You can create a sub-yearly weather file (say, April 2012 - August 2012), but WeatherConverter will not interpolate or perform any kind of averaging techniques to complete the year.  You can run an EnergyPlus model with your sub-yearly weather file as long as you set the run period equal to the length of your weather file, or to a time period within your weather file, (say, the month of June for the example above).  I would think you could do the same in eQuest.

Hope this helps.

Lesley