[Bldg-sim] Request: Suggestion on Building Automation and Controls textbooks

Vaibhav Jain vaibhav.energyarchitect at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:11:31 PDT 2012

Thank you so much Josh, Jim, Jorge!

I found the following books/papers in my University's library, which I must
add to the list in return:

1. Building Automation (Springer) by H.Merz et. al (I found it not much
helpful for introductory level)
2. Sensors in Intelligent Buildings (Wiley VCH) Edited by - O.Gassmann,
H.Meixner (I found it to be a good introduction to different sensors)
3. Intelligent Buildings and Building Automation (Taylor & Francis) by
Shegwei Wang (I have not read it, but seems to be a nice and slow
introduction, but not in detail)
4. Communication Systems for Building Automation and Control (IEEE paper)
by WOLFGANG KASTNER et. al. (must read for new-comer)

Particularly, I found this lecture series, from IIT India, quite useful.
Especially - introduction, series on PID controller, and then on field bus
network:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE8F9BF5CB1201D23

Thank you again for your suggestions!

Vaibhav Jain