[Bldg-sim] EE4- HP

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Fri Sep 28 09:34:09 PDT 2012

You are correct, when BOILER-TYPE =
ELECTRIC-BOILER, the BOILER-EIR and BOILER-HIR
keywords have no bearing on what is reported in BEPS for heating.

Your best bet is to use a different version of
DOE2.1e (the EE4 version does not work
correctly), modify your EE4 generated .DOE file
to use HP-LOOP-HEATING = FROM-PLANT.  Then you
can set the BOILER-EIR in Plant accordingly.

At 07:00 PM 27/09/2012, Marc-Antoine Paquin wrote:

>Hello all, we are simulating a VRF system with EE4.
>
>To do so, we used zonal heating pumps coupled to
>a cooling tower and an electric
>boiler.  However, we want to modify the boiler
>EIR in order to simulate the condenser (HP) that
>is actually adding heat to the hot water
>loop.  To do so, we changed the Elec-Boiler EIR
>in Doe2.1
 unfortunately, this had no influence