[Bldg-sim] How to set the loop loss as 5 or 10%?

Esmireta e2fye2 at 163.com
Wed Apr 17 19:04:26 PDT 2013

Dear all,
As required by the district thermal energy guidance, the loop loss should be 5% for the cooling loop and 10% for the heating loop.
However, there is only DT input for the loop loss option panel. If the supply and return temperature difference is 40 F for the heating loop, the loss should be 4 F. But after I set the loss DT as 4F, the heating energy consumption will increase heavily, even 3 times of the orginal heating energy consumption.
So I wonder how it works. Does anybody have experience on it?
Thanks!
Esmi