[Bldg-sim] MNECB Reference Building Supply Air Reset

Aaron Smith asmith at mreng.ca
Thu Apr 18 19:29:12 PDT 2013

Hi,

Should Multiple Zone systems in the MNECB Reference building have Supply Air
Temperature reset?

I’ve always used it because I know EE4 has the cooling coil reset for
reference buildings in DOE2.1E (COOL-CONTROL = WARMEST).

The reason I ask is because Table 5.4.1.B of the MNECB Performance
Compliance for Buildings says “Supply air temperature from secondary system
to terminal units is constant at 13°C (55°F).” for Multiple Zone Systems.
The sentence still exists in the 2011 NECB.

Thanks,

Aaron

Aaron Smith, P.Eng

LEED® AP BD+C, M-ASHRAE, BEMP, Mechanical Engineer

t: (902) 422-7393

f: (902) 423-4945

e:  <mailto:asmith at mreng.ca> asmith at mreng.ca

The electronic message contained herein is private and confidential,
intended only for the recipient(s) specified. If you have received this
message in error, please delete it and notify us immediately.  Any
accompanying files are supplied as a matter of courtesy only.  The data are
without warranty of any kind.  Any person or business making use of the data
is responsible for confirming its accuracy and completeness.  M&R
Engineering Ltd. is not responsible for edited or produced versions of this
digital information.