[Bldg-sim] [Equest-users] How the get the "estimated load profile"?

James Hess JHess at tmecorp.com
Tue Apr 16 22:44:00 PDT 2013

I would agree with that.

I would recommend informing your client that you can either do Option 1 of the USGBC DESv2.0 guidelines (i.e. plants modeled as neutral between baseline and proposed via stipulated rates), or using the stipulated efficiencies for Option 2.

Otherwise, I would recommend informing your client that modeling the entire district system just to estimate the plant efficiencies (i.e. includes buildings outside the scope of the current project), with the goal of getting more EAc1 points for the project, will result in you asking for additional fee because this is additional work on your part, potentially a lot of additional work.  I think this is a very reasonable approach.

Regards,

JAH

James A. Hess, PE, CEM, BEMP
Energy Engineer