[Bldg-sim] Ventilation rate baseline in a major renovation

Anne C. Juran juran at summerconsultants.com
Thu Apr 18 08:09:15 PDT 2013

My experience has been that the ventilation rates do have to match between
models when it comes to LEED.

The rule is a bit short-sighted because, in reality, there are potentials
for energy savings from reduced OA just based on system type. For example, a
DOAS will have lower total OA than a typical VAV system. My initial
submission of a project using this argument was rejected, though, because
the OA values did not match between the two models.