[Bldg-sim] natural gas for school canteen

Amy Allen amyallen at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 22 14:18:18 PDT 2013

Is it an existing building? If so, another way to approach it would be to
get an idea of the baseline(non-heating) natural gas usage from the utility
data(pick a late spring or early fall month when school is in session),
which would be made up of domestic hot water + cooking. Dhw is easier to
estimate per person, and subtracting that, you could get an idea of the
cooking use(I know you're not using eQuest, but you could start w an eQuest
default for per person hot water use in a school) . Both cooking + dhw are
probably fairly small.