[Bldg-sim] Addition, or Separate Building?

Christian Kaltreider ckaltreider at sudassociates.com
Tue Dec 10 08:09:16 PST 2013

Hello Group,

I am modeling an existing building which could be seen as two buildings
connected by a short hallway.  The quick story on this facility is that
there were two buildings which were connected by hallways at some point, and
are now on the same chilled and hot water systems. I'm having trouble
finding a clear definition in 90.1 which tells me whether I should be
modeling this as one building or two with a shared energy plant.  This is
not a LEED project; I am only interested in a 90.1 interpretation.

Does anyone know of any clarifications, interpretations, or past experience
which could help guide me?

Thanks,

Christian