[Bldg-sim] Conservative design cooling load calculations vs baseline sizing

Patrick Bivona patrick.bivona at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 06:43:15 PST 2013

Hi Mike,

I can't say I'm frustrated yet. Just going through the learning curve. I'm
sure frustration will come in time!

I was musing about the potential imbalance in sizing approach between the
proposed design and the baseline design. If we assume for a second that
engineers also use ASHRAE design days when sizing equipment for the
proposed design, there is still a potentially significant difference
between schedules used for sizing and normal operation schedules. Is the
1.15 sizing factor for baseline cooling enough to cover such imbalance? I
don't know enough to say so yet.

Patrick