[Bldg-sim] Fan power when changing baseline system per LEED District Energy rules

Clark Denson cdenson at ssr-inc.com
Thu Dec 19 14:21:11 PST 2013

Hi, Jason.

With all due respect to Trane TRACE, I have not found their built-in PRM Fan Calculator to accurately reflect the equations and methods in ASHRAE 90.1, Appendix G, particularly related to the way they handle the 'A' fan power credit.  Verify it for yourself, but I would calculate baseline fan power outside the software.

Thanks,

Clark Denson, PE, CEM, BEMP, LEED AP BD+C
SSRCx(r)
(615) 460-0482