[Bldg-sim] DesignBuilder Simulation Training, London, March 18-22nd
Andy.Tindale at designbuilder.co.uk
Fri Feb 15 04:40:31 PST 2013
Please excuse cross postings.
DesignBuilder are offering a 5-day modular training course in central London March 18-22. The course will be an excellent opportunity to find out from the experts how to get the most out of DesignBuilder and learn best practice modelling techniques. Days 1-4 are suitable for less experienced users and the Detailed HVAC Day 5 is suitable for experienced DesignBuilder users as well as attendees of days 1-4. The course is structured to give you plenty of worked examples so you can 'learn by doing'.
Summary of course contents:
* Day 1, 18th March, Modeller. The aim of the day is to provide trainees with the knowledge required to confidently set up building geometry using blocks, zone up and define and select constructions and glazing.
* Day 2, 19th March, Basic Simulation. Introduces heating and cooling design, solar, lighting, HVAC and scheduled natural ventilation, data entry and basic simulation.
* Day 3, 20th March, Calculated Natural Ventilation and CFD. A two part day starting with sessions on EnergyPlus calculated natural ventilation, leading on to an introduction to CFD covering both internal and external CFD including linked EnergyPlus and CFD simulations
* Day 4, 21st March, Daylighting & Introduction to Detailed HVAC. A two part day, starting with use of Radiance Daylighting for design and LEED/BREEAM assessments, followed by an introduction to Detailed HVAC illustrated through use of the new v3.2 HVAC templates.
* Day 5, 22nd March, Detailed HVAC. This day provides a deeper study of some the latest DesignBuilder EnergyPlus HVAC functionality covering a range of common systems and control methods. The new simulation results viewer will be used to check EnergyPlus HVAC outputs in detail.
60 day licenses for the full DesignBuilder software suite will be provided.
For more details on course content, prices and booking forms please see:
DesignBuilder Software ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1453 755500
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bldg-sim