[Bldg-sim] About baseline systems in LEED eac 1.3 modeling for a system with a heated network in AHU and Electric in FCU

David GARCIA-SANCHEZ dgarciasanchez at greenaffair.com
Thu Jan 24 10:31:35 PST 2013

Hi all ;

I have a question concerning LEED eac 1.3, simulation.

I have a renovation project of an 7th floor building of more than 150
000 ft2 in which the HVAC system is composed of an AHU heated/cooled by
a heating and a cooling urban network. The prehated/precooled air then
goes into fan coil unit batteries of the FCU which are cooled by the
cooling network BUT the heating batteries in the FCU are electrical (not
heated by the heating network). By looking into the Tables 3.1.1.A and
table G3.1.1.B  from ASHRAE standard 90.1-2007 I can't conclude if my
baseline system is 7  or 8. So that is my question, based in your
experience, baseline system is 7 or system 8?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this,

Regards

David GARCIA-SANCHEZ

greenaffair

Tel. +33 (0)1 46 03 08 02

Mobile +33 (0)6 78 15 08 09

102 avenue Edouard Vaillant - 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt

www.greenaffair.com <http://www.greenaffair.com/>