[Bldg-sim] [Equest-users] Binned weather data for US (not the equest weather file)

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Thu Jan 10 18:17:26 PST 2013

This is the first I've heard of NREL having (weather data ?) "around the world in csv file
format".   Outside of a few selected countries or regions (SWERA, China, India), I was not
aware that NREL was working on weather files for non-US locations.  Furthermore, their
international focus has been mainly on estimating solar radiation, not on developing
weather files per se.  If you know of such data at NREL, please share more information on
what they are or where the files are available.

I do know that the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) has put a lot of weather data from
around the world online as the ISH (Integrated Surface Hourly) data base
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/isd/index.php

In fact, the new NSRDB (National Solar Radiation Data Base) 1991-2010 that I mentioned
earlier  is now accessible both at a NREL site
http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/old_data/nsrdb/1991-2010/SolarAnywhere/
as well as via ftp at a NCDC web site:

Joe

Joe Huang