[Bldg-sim] LEED - What does it take?

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Wed Jan 16 16:18:22 PST 2013

Dennis,

Not to nitpick too much, but while SEER is a ratio, it is not unitless.  It's the cooling
extraction rate in BTU/hr, divided by the electricity consumption in Watts.  COP is a
truly unitless number, and is  smaller than the SEER by the ratio of 3.413, which is the
conversion of BTU/hr to Watts.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.