[Bldg-sim] The Building Controls Virtual Test Bed 1.3 has been released
tsnouidui at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 3 12:24:37 PDT 2013
The TRNSYS interface has been tested on Windows 32 bit but you should be
able to use the interface on Win64 bit, if you use the 64 bit version of the
You might want to contact your TRNSYS distributor and see whether they
could provide you with TYPES compiled for Windows 64bit.
From: bcvtb at googlegroups.com [mailto:bcvtb at googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 11:51 AM
To: bcvtb at googlegroups.com
Cc: bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: Re: The Building Controls Virtual Test Bed 1.3 has been released
Hi, Thierry ,
I am using the BCVTB-TRNSYS connection. I tested this connection before in
win 32 machine. Do you have any plan to realize this connection in Win 64?
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 2:17:47 PM UTC-4, Thierry Nouidui wrote:
We are pleased to announce the release of the Building Controls Virtual Test
The following changes have been made compared to version 1.2:
* TRNSYS has been added as a client program.
* The Functional Mock-up Unit (FMU) for co-simulation import interface has
* The example files have been updated for EnergyPlus 8.0.
The Building Controls Virtual Test Bed (BCVTB) is a freely available
open-source software environment that allows expert users to couple
different simulation programs for co-simulation,
and to couple simulation programs with actual hardware. For example, the
BCVTB allows to simulate a building in EnergyPlus and the HVAC and control
system in Modelica,
while exchanging data between the software as they simulate. The BCVTB is
based on the Ptolemy II software environment.
The BCVTB allows expert users of simulation to expand the capabilities of
individual programs by linking them to other programs.
Due to the different programs that may be involved in distributed
simulation, familiarity with configuring programs is essential.
Programs that are linked to the BCVTB are
* the EnergyPlus whole building energy simulation program,
* the Modelica modeling and simulation environment Dymola,
* the MATLAB and Simulink tools for scientific computing,
* the Radiance ray-tracing software for lighting analysis,
* the ESP-r integrated building energy modeling program,
* the TRNSYS system simulation program,
* Functional Mock-up Units (FMU) for co-simulation,
* the BACnet stack, which allows exchanging data with BACnet compliant
Building Automation System (BAS),
* the analog/digital interface USB-1208LS from Measurement Computing
Corporation that can be connected to a USB port.
In addition to using programs that are coupled to Ptolemy II, Ptolemy II's
graphical modeling environment can also be used to define models for control
systems, for physical devices,
for communication systems or for post-processing and real-time
For free download and more information, please visit
Thierry Stephane Nouidui, PhD
Simulation Research Group
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Road, MS 90R3147
Berkeley, CA 94720
(510) 495-2337 voice
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to bcvtb+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bldg-sim