[Bldg-sim] EnergyPlus VRF + DOAS modeling

Jason Kirkpatrick jason.alan.kirkpatrick at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 17:44:16 PDT 2013

Sang Hoon,

The point of the HVACTemplate files is to demonstrate how the nodes and
branches are configured.
Using the DOAS and a zonal system template will show you how to configure a
system with a ventilation system and separate zonal cooling / heating
system.

I suggest using the HVACTemplates for DOAS and WaterToAirHeatPump to create
the node connections. Upon running, this will create a file '.expidf' which
is the HVACTemplates expanded out to full .idf.
You can rename this file to be extension .idf and edit it like a normal
.idf

Modify this renamed expanded HVACTemplate file, remove the zonal
WaterToAirHeatPump objects and replace them with the VRF terminals
following the example you are using.

Hope this helps,

Jason