[Bldg-sim] Modeling PTAC system with economizer (E+)

Jim Dirkes jim at buildingperformanceteam.com
Fri Jun 7 12:56:59 PDT 2013

Qinpeng,
Normal PTAC equipment does not ever have an economizer, so the E+ object does not allow it.
If you really need to model a DX cooling system with economizer, construct an E+ air loop with equivalent components for the fan, DX coil, supplemental heat, etc.

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
www.buildingperformanceteam.com<http://www.buildingperformanceteam.com/>
Energy Analysis, Commissioning & Training Services
1631 Acacia Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 USA
616 450 8653