[Bldg-sim] FW: HVACTempate autosizing error

Annie Marston A.Marston at eb-engineers.com
Fri Mar 1 13:08:25 PST 2013

Hi Adam,

E+ is looking for sizing objects. At the top of the IDF in "SimulationControl" you have said yes, you want zone sizing, system sizing and plant sizing.
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CE1697.0A3BB140]

You have two choices

1)      Put no next to each of these objects ie - Do zone sizing - no etc.. Make sure you say yes to Run simulation though.

2)      Add these sizing objects, they can be found about half way through the idf and are called Sizing:zone, Sizing:System, Sizing:Plant

As far as I remember when you use the templates you do not need to specify these sizings so just changing SimulationControl to no for those areas will probably work

Good luck

Annie

Dr. A. Marston, Ph.D. LEED(r) AP BEMP
Head of the Building Performance Group

Ebert & Baumann Consulting Engineers, Inc.
An  Enterprise  of  the  Ebert-Consulting Group

734 15th Street, NW
Suite 1000
Washington, D.C. 20005, USA
Tel                  +1.202.608.1334