[Bldg-sim] epact 179d fan power

Patrick J. O'Leary, Jr. poleary1969 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 08:10:08 PDT 2013

per the 179d guidelines use the 2001 fan power allowance.  remember your
actual tax building model (i.e. proposed in the leed world) is supposed
to reflect actually site measured power consumed by the units.  i.e.
volts x amps x pf (pf = power factor).  (or volts x amps x pf x sqrt(3)
for 3 phase equipment).  the reality is that the fan will be using less
power than the nameplate or catalog (good for your simulation savings)
but the kicker is trying to find the pf values for motors.