[Bldg-sim] 2 Pipe System Heating/Cooling Change Over

James Hansen JHANSEN at ghtltd.com
Mon Mar 18 14:12:09 PDT 2013

I usually use a snap function to specify when the loop is in heating /
cooling:

By the way, I've modeled a few 2-pipe systems (in the DC area) before,
and it is nearly impossible to get the unmet load hours below 300 for
the average building (without significantly relaxing the thermostat
setpoints, or having supplemental heating/cooling systems).  Hopefully
you are not modeling this for LEED purposes!

GHT Limited
James Hansen, P.E., LEED AP
Senior Associate
1010 N. Glebe Road, Suite 200