[Bldg-sim] Ot: Re: Modelling simplification for structural concrete columns

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Tue Mar 19 09:19:43 PDT 2013

It's not an either-or situation, i.e., either use THERM or model the column as a 1-D layer
with thermal mass.  It's both, use THERM to get a better conductivity, and then use that
conductivity instead of the nominal  concrete conductivity in the 1-D layer.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D