[Bldg-sim] Problem regarding repetitive warning of Cooling Coil parameter

Sheelam Khare sheelamkhare26 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 23:12:25 PDT 2013

Hello All,
I am using the energy plus software for simulating a building model at
Barcelona,Spain. For this, I am facing the problem of repetitive warning-
** Warning ** CalcDoe2DXCoil: Coil:Cooling:DX:SingleSpeed "C4 AHU COOLING
COIL" - Full load outlet air dry-bulb temperature < 2C.
This indicates the possibility of coil frost/freeze. Outlet temperature =
1.13 C.
   **   ~~~   **  ...Occurrence info = BARÓ VIVER, 01/04 17:07 - 17:10
   **   ~~~   ** ... Possible reasons for low outlet air dry-bulb
temperatures are: This DX coil
   **   ~~~   **    1) may have a low inlet air dry-bulb temperature. Inlet
air temperature = 18.533 C.
   **   ~~~   **    2) may have a low air flow rate per watt of cooling
capacity. Check inputs.
   **   ~~~   **    3) is used as part of a HX assisted cooling coil which
uses a high sensible effectiveness. Check inputs.

*************  ** Warning ** CalcDoe2DXCoil:
Coil:Cooling:DX:SingleSpeed="C4 AHU COOLING COIL" - Full load outlet
temperature indicates a possibility of frost/freeze error continues. Outlet
air temperature statistics follow:

   *************  **   ~~~   **   during Warmup 0 times;
   *************  **   ~~~   **   during Sizing 0 times.
   *************  **   ~~~   **   Max=1.996617  Min=-1.058986

The above mentioned problem is occurring many time and I have checked all
the parameters related to Cooling Coil but it is not solved.

Please suggest our comments...

--
With Regards
Sheelam Khare