[Bldg-sim] jEPlus v1.5 preview

Yi Zhang YiZhang at dmu.ac.uk
Tue Nov 5 17:19:53 PST 2013

Hi all,

The preview version of jEPlus v1.5 has been made available on SourceForge. There are two key new features: an E+ IDF version converter GUI, and the GUI for executing Python scripts. The version converter tool scans a folder for files to convert, and it doesn’t rely on the version information in the IDF files, which can be a bother when you have many IDF snippets. Here is a short video tutorial demonstrating its use: http://youtu.be/RUDpmdkYI_g.

The Python runner tool has more symbolic significance than its functions at the moment. We have started learning Python and found it THE solution to our old post-processing/visualization problem after getting loads of parametric results. The idea is that users can write and share Python scripts, which will extend the functionality of the toolkit. But since we are still learning, there aren’t many examples we can show.

jEPlus v1.5 also offers experimental support for INSEL, although I am not sure how many INSEL users are here…

Best regards,

Yi

Yi Zhang
IESD, De Montfort University, Leicester, UK
http://www.jeplus.org<http://www.jeplus.org/>