[Bldg-sim] [Spam:*****] Energy needs at an early design stage

Wagemakers, Jens (2034464) 2034464wagemakers at zuyd.nl
Wed Oct 23 03:23:26 PDT 2013

Dear all,
Does anyone of you know a software program which I can use to calculate the energy needs of a building (installed power) at an early stage (design). With the usual programs like EnergyPlus or Trnsys you need to insert a lot of parameters to get the information, parameters which  just aren’t allways available in the design stage.
The calculations don’t have to be very precise, I’m looking for a tool which can give an acceptable result, so we can give our customer an idea of how much power is needed for a certain building.

Greatfully,
Jens Wagemakers (The Netherlands)