[Bldg-sim] CAV to VAV issues in EnergyPlus

Studer, Daniel Daniel.Studer at nrel.gov
Fri Oct 4 10:29:35 PDT 2013

Ryan,

In terms of debugging your model, it would be constructive to know where the energy use differs: increased heating, cooling, or fan energy? Also, you may want to take a look at the table file and double-check that the coil and fan sizes, and design OA flow rates are identical between the two models. It's possible that in your conversion you modified something that is causing your system to size differently (presuming you're not hard-sizing everything). That's where I'd start.

Thanks,
Danny

Daniel Studer
Engineer | Commercial Buildings Research Group
National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
15013 Denver West Parkway | Golden, CO  80401