[Bldg-sim] Weather file for Bamyam, Afghanistan

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Mon Oct 7 22:09:16 PDT 2013

You are asking for weather data for a fairly war-torn location, so the chances of
continuous weather data is not good.

According to the ISH data base, there is a WMO weather station at FOB BAMYAN WMO#671774,
located at 34.817 N, 67.833 E, but there's only 3 months of data for 2013.  Prior to 2013,
the same WMO #671774 was listed as COP CHEROKEE (probably a US army base) located at
33.65N, 68.900 E, with three years of data (2010, 2011, and 2012).

These historical weather files (AFG_FOB-BAMYAN_691774_13,  AFG_COP-CHEROKEE_691774_12,
AFG_COP-CHEROKEE_691774_11, AFG_COP-CHEROKEE_691774_10) can all be found on my weather
data web site
( http://weather.whiteboxtechnologies.com ), although I would not recommend getting the
Bamyan 2013 file due to data incompleteness.  These historical weather files cost $50
each, and can be downloaded immediately.

In addition, I can also create a rough "typical year" weather file from the 3 available
years for COP-CHEROKEE_691774,
but that would be a custom request.  For such custom typical year weather files, I charge
$75, with a turnaround of an hour during working hours.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D