[Bldg-sim] [EXTERNAL] SSc8 vs. EAc1 - LEEDv3 mistake in ext. lighting power calculation...???... (UNCLASSIFIED)

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Oct 11 18:47:13 PDT 2013

I ran into this face first a few months back - see attached attempt at a heads up for more information.

In short, the SSc8 templates are based around 90.1-2007 addendum i, note LEED is a bit misleading and incorrectly calls it addendum 1.

If your project was registered prior to November of 2011 you might be able to make a case to use the pre-addenda calculations.

I anticipate otherwise your SSc8 team needs to re-do their calculations, and you'll need to update your model's proposed/baseline figures in kind.

Sorry for the probably-bad news =(,

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.
SENIOR ENGINEER