[Bldg-sim] Model Predictive Control in Chillers

Gideon Solomon eeesolomon at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 01:03:30 PDT 2013

Hi

I was trying to predict the chiller set points with the help of DOE -
2 equations. I was able to obtain the coefficients and I used EIRFT to
predict the optimal set point to be maintained in the chiller. I tried
to calculate it back from predicted EIR. Is it the right way to do?.
Can you please explain me as to how we can predict the optimal set
point for chillers. I have been trying a lot to predict the set points
and have read a paper on Model Predictive control of HVAC systems in
UC merced campus but I am not clear on the algorithms which they have
used to predict the set points. I have attached the excel sheet in
this mail. Please help me in predicting the set points.

Thanks a lot for helping me out.

--
Regards
Gideon Solomon