[Bldg-sim] Above Grade External Wall Area Weighted U-value Calculation

Sherif Farag sherif.sabr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 09:31:56 PDT 2013

Dear All,

I have submitted a project for review and received a comment requesting me
to include the concrete slabs between floors (Not drop beams) in the
External Wall' area weighted U-value calculation, the reviewer believes that
concrete slabs acts as a thermal bridge and should be insulated from the
outer side (The slab thickness), my understanding that concrete slab
shouldn't be regarded as a part of the occupied area and therefore shouldn't
be included in the area weighted U-value calculation.

I would appreciate if you can advise on the above query!

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sherif Farag

Senior Sustainability Consultant

P.O. Box: 127842