[Bldg-sim] Really need some deep DOE-2 theology on this one..

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Sun Sep 29 12:53:56 PDT 2013

John,

I can comment only on the DOE-2 side of things.  When you say "one of
the spaces claims an Exterior surface between them",  you must mean just
by geometrical
proximity, not explicitly with a "NEXT-TO" command ?   Because as far as
I'm aware, only an INTERIOR-WALL can have a NEXT-TO command.  If these
roofs are specified as EXTERIOR-WALLs or ROOFs (the only difference is
the default TILT), they can't have a NEXT-TO and will be modeled as
exposed to the exterior environment, including solar.  Self-shading from
other exterior-walls will be considered only if those are specified as
shading surfaces (though I've forgotten exactly how that's done
SHADING-SURFACE = YES ?).

Joe