[Bldg-sim] Looking for presenters for seminar in Chicago on "Energy modeling of tall buildings"

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Fri Aug 1 02:57:57 PDT 2014

Fellow building energy modelers,

I am trying to put together a seminar for Chicago on "Energy modeling of tall
buildings".   This topic came to me during a conversation with a friend at the ASHRAE
Conference in Seattle last month, where Peter pointed out that when buildings over 300 m
(~ 900 ft) tall the environmental conditions (temperature, pressure, wind, solar, etc.)
are substantially different than what's at ground level.  This is not just an interesting
artifact, but has real implications for building energy modelers, since tall buildings
are, ipso facto, important structures that are intensively engineered, including I presume
a lot of energy modeling.  So far, I have two potential speakers, but am still looking for
one or two more.  So, if you've modeled a large skyscraper with hundreds of zones and
would like to share your experience,  please let me know within a week, since program
submissions for Chicago are due August 11.

Joe
(TC 4.7 Chair)

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.