[Bldg-sim] interstitial blinds shading

Chris Yates chris.malcolm.yates at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 09:21:20 PDT 2014

Dear All,

I'm aware that there is some cutting edge stuff being done on this. I am
interested in this, but also in commercial modeller's experiences - i.e.
mainstream practice.

I'd just like to throw a few questions out there:

   1. Does anybody model these regularly?
   2. What are the merits of simple vs more computationally expensive
   modelling methods (e.g. Bidirectional Scattering Distribution Function)?
   3. Are there any well recognized (i.e. mature/ main stream) standards
   covering blind/ shade glazing combinations?
   4. What are the relative merits (if any) of expressing Blind / glazing
   combinations as a simple SHGC? Or is this outside the remit of the standard
   completely?
   5. What are your experiences of glazing suppliers providing accurate
   data?

Kind regards

Chris Yates