[Bldg-sim] No heating/cooling equipment has been defined

elenisoulti at co2engineering.eu elenisoulti at co2engineering.eu
Sat Feb 1 02:06:26 PST 2014

Dear all,

I am using eQUEST for a LEED project. After the review, I need to
change the HVAC System from 6 (Packaged VAV with PFP boxes) to 5
(Packaged VAV with reheat) in the baseline model.

I made the changes as I thought necessary, and although when I open
the model it gives me no errors (and there are no errors in the "error
listing"), when I simulate it says that it cannot complete the
simulation due to errors. In the BDL file, I see "no heating equipment
has been defined" or "no cooling equipment has been defined".

Do you have any idea why this might be happening? I would appreciate
any suggestions on how to fix this. I'm happy to provide the INP file
or give additional information if that helps.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Eleni