[Bldg-sim] Domestic Hot Water Profile for Indoor Soccer Facility

Jim Dirkes jim at buildingperformanceteam.com
Sat Feb 8 13:43:10 PST 2014

Dónal,
There are a lot of variables!

·         Men or women?  (shower length may vary :))

·         How many shower vs leave without showering?

·         Seasonal diversity? (warm months probably have  lower occupancy)

·         Daily diversity? (weekends may see greater use)

ASHRAE 90.1's User Manual does not address this type of occupancy, so I would interview the owner or facility manager and ask a lot of questions to assess these patterns.  If you have the best available data from your client, I doubt that LEED reviewers will quibble.  It will help the reviewers to explain the basis for your calculations.  I think they will appreciate a thoughtful and conscientious modeler.

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
www.buildingperformanceteam.com<http://www.buildingperformanceteam.com/>
Energy Analysis, Commissioning & Training Services
1631 Acacia Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 USA
616 450 8653