[Bldg-sim] Leed eac1 Plug loads

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Thu Feb 13 13:36:27 PST 2014

This matches my experience as well for plug loads.

I would only plan to itemize plug loads for LEED documentation if attempting to document an energy saving measure above and beyond 90.1 pertaining to receptacle loads (such as plug load circuit controls required by the upcoming title 24).

ASHRAE recommends 0.75 W/ft2 for office building receptacle power density in the user's manual for 90.1-2007 (for when you don't have better data to found the inputs on).  10W/m2 is approximately 0.93W/ft2 (if my math is right), so that's certainly within a reasonable range of expectations.

I do not anticipate you will have any issues.  I've regularly documented exactly the value per the user's manual citing that as the source in my documentation with no further comment.

~Nick

[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.
SENIOR ENGINEER