[Bldg-sim] "overcooling" benchamark

Julien Marrec julien.marrec at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 15:35:47 PST 2014

Hi Felipe,

Heating tends to be much more critical than cooling. I recommend first
checking local codes (building codes and associated such as housing or
specific for housing depending on where you are and your type of building)
and make sure you reach the threshold they might set on design day. If
there is nothing, you could start with 17°C at night (if its housing) or
19°C during the day or if it's an office building. Anything below that will
start to be uncomfortable. If it's a residential building you could
eventually tolerate a margin for 1% of the time but I suggest making sure
you don't get much lower than 17°C (I'd say 16°C tops at night) otherwise
it'll really be very uncomfortable.

Best,

--
Julien Marrec, EBCP, BPI MFBA
Ingénieur en efficacité énergétique du bâtiment

DoYouBuzz : www.doyoubuzz.com/julien-marrec_1
LinkedIn (fr) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec/fr
LinkedIn (en) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec