[Bldg-sim] Fw: Google Project Tango

AChapin at sriregistrar.com AChapin at sriregistrar.com
Fri Feb 21 09:50:49 PST 2014

Those are good points. In terms of the file size and translation to Revit,
I imagine that there would need to be a way of converting the data into an
useful 3D model. However, if you watch the youtube video that I posted,
they showed example augmented reality games that took the geometry data
from the room provided by the phone and converted into a virtual 3D model
of the room that had a game world overlaid on top of it. So it seems like
a similar approach could be used to simplify the data and translate it
into something that software like Revit could use.

Alex N. Chapin
Sustainability Program Engineer
SRI Green Building Certification, LLC
300 Northpointe Circle ? Suite 304
Seven Fields, PA 16046 ? USA

www.SRIRegistrar.com
achapin at SRIRegistrar.com
T: (724) 934-9000 x619
F: (724) 935-6825

Building Sustainability
This message and any included attachments are from SRI Quality System
Registrar, and are intended only for the addressee. The information
contained herein may include privileged or confidential information.
Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing or using
such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this message in error, or have reason to believe that you are not
authorized to receive it, please promptly delete it and notify the sender
by e-mail with a copy to mail at sriregistrar.com.  Thank you.