[Bldg-sim] sources for material libraries

Chip Barnaby cbarnaby at wrightsoft.com
Thu Jan 16 06:58:21 PST 2014

All,

For ASHRAE 1199-RP some years ago (2003 - 2004 ish) I scrounged
around looking for material properties.  Attached is a summary of
what I came up with for some common materials.  As you can see, there
is quite a range of opinion for some properties for some materials
(including cases of different values from 2 different places in
ASHRAE HOF).  I do not know the source(s) of those differences, in
some cases there are probably regional differences and/or changes
over time.  Or maybe just bad measurements.

Moisture content is another variable of which we are all becoming
more aware.  Lab measurements vs. real-building situations.

Updated versions of some of these sources are probably available.

It would be an excellent project to build up a collection of this
sort of info in some shared place, such as the IBPSA-USA Wiki
(bembook.ibpsa.us).

Chip Barnaby