[Bldg-sim] Length of cooling (and heating) season

Julien Marrec julien.marrec at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 09:09:11 PDT 2014

Sometimes it is mandatory and defined in the (local) law (ex: in NYC,
heating season is October 1st to May 31st for multiple dwellings)

In other cases it's likely more a combination of common sense/following
weather.

You could infer that pretty quickly yourself. Get some typical weather
data, at least daily. Whenever you've got X days dropping below say
13.5°C/55°F (I think 2<= X <= 5 is appropriate), you're probably in heating
season...

I just tested for NYC and it worked well. I also know in Paris, for
affordable housing, they use that with X=2.

Best,
Julien
--
Julien Marrec, EBCP, BPI MFBA
Ingénieur en efficacité énergétique du bâtiment

DoYouBuzz : www.doyoubuzz.com/julien-marrec_1
LinkedIn (fr) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec/fr
LinkedIn (en) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec